Dates: 9am Wednesday, 21st October 2020
Location: King Ina Church of England Academy
School Lane Kirkham Street Somerton, Somerset, TA11 7NL Tel: 01458 272587
Contract type: Part time 15 hours per week, plus additional hours as required Contract term: Temporary
Salary: Pro-rata based on Full Time Equivalent salary of £19,698
The Directors are seeking to appoint a highly-motivated and committed maintenance operative and caretaker with practical experience who can support and enhance our learning environment and oversee the day-to-day management of the school site, ensuring a high level of safety is maintained.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Unlock the school in the morning before school starts and ensure the site remains
- Lock the school in the afternoon after school and ensure the school is secured after all staff have left for the
- Undertake general caretaking and maintenance duties, e.g. changing lightbulbs and making temporary repairs to broken
- Assist with the maintenance of the school garden/outside
- Advise and collaborate with the headteacher to develop and improve internal and external areas of the school
- Ensure stock levels are maintained on items such as lightbulbs and
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent organisational skills
- Be punctual
- Communicate well
- Have good teamwork skills
- Respect confidentiality and the potential sensitivities of working in a school, e.g. safeguarding laws
- Be able to demonstrate in their application that they can fulfil the main duties of the job description and person specification as a minimum
In return, we can offer you a welcoming Academy with dedicated and supportive staff and governors and opportunities for continued professional development.
King Ina Church of England Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share in this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
To obtain a recruitment pack, including an application form, job description and person specification, please contact Miss Kate Pettemerides via email on: [email protected], Or visit our Job Vacancies page under Key Information on the school website www.kingina.somerset.sch.uk. All applications should be returned electronically to Miss Pettemerides.
Start Date: November 2020
Closing date: 9am, 21st October 2020
Interviews: 3rd November 2020