Somerton Town Council seek to recruit a Car Park Officer.
Closing Date: 9th March 2018
Job Description – Car Park Officer
Duties and responsibilities of the post of Car Park Officer Somerton Town Council:
Job Title: Car Park Officer
Place of work: Somerton
Hours of work: Varied Monday to Saturday between the hours of 9am to 5pm totalling 15 hours per week.
Allowances: Uniform and mobile phone allowance
- hand-held computers and printers for recording and issuing PCNs
- mobile phones, to keep in contact with supervisors
- cameras to record vehicles that are breaking parking regulations
Reports to: Town Clerk
Main purpose of the job:
To ensure the car parks in Somerton are being used correctly by members of the public in accordance with the regulations in force. If any offences are carried out by members of the public contrary to the regulations , then appropriate enforcement action to be taken.
Summary of Responsibility and Duties of the Job:
- To patrol the car parks and assist the public to comply with the regulations in force.
- To issue fixed penalty tickets and other notices as appropriate where contraventions of the regulations are observed.
- To prevent illegal parking.
- To assist the traffic flow in the car park.
- To give evidence in court if required in connection with contravention of Car Parking Order.
- Checking car park equipment ensuring full working order, reporting damage, faults.
- Reporting defective signs, road markings and other car park infrastructure.
- To provide a customer service role to visitors to Somerton and deal with general enquiries associated with the Town.
- To undertake such other duties relating to car parks as may be required by the Town Clerk.
External and Internal Contacts
Face to face contact with members of the public and contractors involved with the car parking service.
Contact with other Car Park Officers, District Council Officers responsible for parking administration and the Town Council team.
Working outside patrolling the car parks in Somerton which will involve walking long distances in the working day.
Health and Safety at Work
To comply with the Town Councils policies related to Health and Safety at work
All employees that are involved in the processing or handling of data have an obligation to comply with all legislation and the Town Council policies.
This job description outlines the main duties and responsibilities of the position and is designed for the benefit of both the post holder and the Council in understanding the prime functions of the post. It should not be regarded either as exclusive or exhaustive as there may be other duties and responsibilities associated and covered by the grading of the post.
- A self-motivated and pro-active nature.
- Excellent communication and customer care skills
- The ability to handle difficult situations in a calm and professional way
- Ability to prioritise and problem solve
- Numeracy and computer skills
- The ability to keep accurate records for official use
Training will be provided.
Please Click on the link below to download:
Car Park Officer Job Description
Car Park Officer Application Form